In a Japanese story a renowned teacher of archery
goes to a mountaintop to find the greatest
archer in the world. astonished to discover that this accomplished
master doesn’t use a bow and arrow.
Yet when the master aims his empty arms, formed as though to shoot, into the sky,
and then releases the invisible arrow, a bird falls to the earth.
What I envision is a rebuilding of monasticism without the need for monasteries, a recovery of sacred language without a church in which to use it, an education in the soul that takes place outside of school, the creation of an artful world accomplished by persons who are not artists, the emergence of a psychological sensibility once the discipline of psychology has been forgotten, a life of intense community with no organization to belong to, and achieving a life of soul without having made any progress toward it.” from the book “Meditations” by Thomas Moore
The invention and consequent creation begins with a two step process…first in THE MIND and then in our MIND. Needing life to look a certain way is like damming a raging river. It takes tremendous effort and continuous output to maintain the resistance The flow will keep pushing until it finally prevails. Life is this raging flow of expansion and expression. In spiritual work we talk about surrendering to life/god/source.
This is what I think “surrender” really means in this context.
Surrender is appreciating ourselves,
allowing others to be who they are
and generally going with the flow of what presents itself.
I also believe it invites a conscious exploration to discover who we are individually: our uniqueness.
I believe there is treasure within each of us; unique, creative, loving, benevolent and prosperous. When we try to fit life, a circumstance, a person including ourselves in a box with a nice little bow, we stifle it.
I know it feels safer to know what the rules are, the possible outcome, the next few steps and even that someone will approve.
Consider for a moment, just enjoying what is for its own sake.
I heard it once said “I am where I am, and where I am is just fine.”
Can you sit in this idea, rather than focusing on the scary “what ifs”?
Can you believe for a moment that there is nothing to do, nothing to prove, no one to please, no right way to do it? ….and just enjoy what is?
Can you believe in a benevolent Source? Life?
What is the cocktail of Good you choose to mix for the new year?
Would it contain a shot of laughter, 2 shots of health, a squeeze of joy juice with a garnish of prosperity, gently stirred up by
Spirit and served on the rocks of faith and willingness, in the glass of our life?
I begin each year with an intention represented by a title. This year’s title is “Dancing as though no one is looking!”
Unravelling my deeply seated and well learned desire to please others, has been a remarkable journey. I have stepped out in so many ways and love what I am discovering about life and myself!
I’ve decided this year is the time to raise the bar, so to speak, even higher.
I have no idea what it may look like or how it’s going to show up. But I plan to show up willing and available. I think there will be lots of laughing along the way….🙂
Happy New Year!
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
The law of correspondence responds with the equivalent of our consciousness. When we put our attention on anything, it becomes the magnet that attracts into our reality it’s equivalent.
So I have decided to focus my attention on what is good, what is positive, what works, and it has rocked my world.
I began by paying attention to what I was feeling.
And to my surprise, most of the time I didn’t like it very much, because generally, I didn’t feel good.
So I decided to change. I made a conscious decision to change what I was feeling. Most of the time, I have no good excuse to feel sad, flat, melancholy, and half alive. In truth, I have every reason to feel joy, love, peace, hope, and gratitude.
All the reasons to feel these feelings are all around me and within me. I have a great life. I have fabulous opportunities. I am surrounded by amazing people. I am prosperous. I am healthy. I have a great partner and very good friends.
All I had to do was notice the good, focus on the great people, pay attention to what was really important, SEE what was really significant, and my emotions naturally followed suit by transforming my reality to a happier, more grateful life.
With every reason to be grateful, I choose to focus on what’s good!
You are Source Energy having a human experience. As a consequence, what you focus on grows. What you believe becomes your reality. Your sponsoring thoughts (the unconscious beliefs we hold) are often your most powerful fruitful thoughts. It’s said “Thoughts are things. Words have wings!”
Based on this line of thinking: these statements of Truth, doesn’t it make sense to focus on what pleases you? …The things in your life that are working? …What’s right rather than what you don’t want?
It’s just a habit to place your focus on the negative. It can even feel counter intuitive to focus on positive happy thoughts. It’s so easy to say “I don’t like this! I don’t like that! I don’t want…” (You get the idea)
And of course, we get more of what we “don’t want” because Source, the energy field that is our life reciprocates with more of “don’t want”. It takes a concerted effort, a deliberate intention, followed by action to change a rout habit of negative thinking.
Sometimes using an indirect method to slip past our negative thinking can also be effective. Start focusing on “what’s right” “what’s working” “What am I grateful for?” You can begin right now. There is always something good going on.
“What’s right in my life?”
What’s going well in my life?”
“What am I truly grateful for?”
These small steps have a huge impact on the tangible response through the energy you are. Transformation begins immediately. And when you get good at it and it is your natural response life reveals itself as the fabulous, magnificent, benevolent experience it was intended to be.
Someone once said that 90% of success is just showing up!
I believe that all successful people are dedicated to the small things, the mundane. The power to achieve anything is in taking small steps.
Most of us do not move forward today because we are not willing to do the small tasks requiring immediate attention. If you have a dream to have something, or make something or experience something – no matter how small – what can you do right now to move in the direction of your dreams? For example: if you dream of being an author, are you waiting for an invitation from Oprah to interview you first? I know this is an extreme example, but that call may never come. You need to start writing, about anything you are passionate about. Anything. Find a writers group; create a blog, post on Facebook… Jump in and write with all of your heart, like you would if you were a well known author.
How would someone successful at what you desire behave?
Take the small steps. There’s a momentum that occurs, a flow you step into when you prime the pump with intention and the small steps.
There are many times in life when we are overcome with fear. Sometimes the enormity of accomplishing a dream stops us in our tracks. It can seem so huge and insurmountable we give up rather than to face it. The two words of encouragement are “Do something!” Taking some small, seemingly insignificant steps creates the momentum. And often the rest is history.
If you are feeling stuck in your life because you are “shoulding” on yourself, I encourage you to make your new mantra “Do something!” Rather than focusing on the “how” of your goal; just initiate the flow with some small action in the direction of your dreams. Soon you’ll see enough progress encouraging you naturally to continue. Each step along the way reveals the next natural steps. Just keep at it, everyday!
Remember “Fear of failing can keep us from achieving anything.” Every great idea is possible if you start today with a small step.
Little steps add up. Decide today to succeed, even if it’s just at accomplishing the small steps.
Many times our grandest dreams can seem unattainable, or else we would already be living them. Right?
Why not try a new approach and make an effort anyway. I know that once you’ve made your decision and “Do Something”, you’re halfway there.
Start—no matter what your history, circumstances, or beliefs. Take the first step!
It’s simple. Start where you are!
What will I choose today?
I choose to spend more time doing what I am passionate about.
I choose to take full responsibility for everything in my life.
I choose to leave my mark by making a difference.
I choose how I feel.
I choose to trust my instincts.
I choose to live a life of financial freedom, by tithing to the church of me first.
I choose to be kind.
I choose to persevere.
I choose to be an entrepreneur.
I choose to embrace change.
I choose to see the possibilities.
I choose to be a deliberate creator.
I choose to love.
I choose to live more simply.
I choose to think and act outside my comfort zone.
I choose to know I live in a benevolent universe.
I choose to remember I am the personification of source.
I choose to live from this powerful place of knowing.
I choose to trust.
Your consciousness records every act and thought you have. It is always turned on, recording everything. When you give something to someone, when you physically help another or with your money or goods, you create an impression…a vibration in your mind. This impression continues to grow in strength with each similar activity….think of it like your garden…once planted it grows. Eventually it has enough power to be in your conscious awareness, your conscious mind. It becomes the lens through which you see your reality. It becomes your individual reality creating not only how you see your world but how you see yourself.
I invite you to consider gratitude and generosity. The best way to experience anything in your own life is to provide the experience for someone else. Looking for a reason to be more grateful? Want to experience the benevolence of the Universe? Become that which you desire for others and see for yourself how responsive the Energy you are and live in really is.
- Who do you choose to spend your time with? – Do you spend time with people who suck the energy right out of you? If you want someone in your life, there’s always a way to make room for them. If you have to wrangle for time with them….is it worth the effort? Do the people you spend time with value your worth? Do you spend enough time with those few gems that even believe in you when you are not so sure yourself? And remember, the test of true friends is when they are by your side when things aren’t going so well, not just when life is peachy.
- Face your fears and challenges. When something happens, take 30 seconds to assess the situation. Take it and project it 5 years into the future. What kind of impact will this current event have on the future you? Remember that most of our fears are blown up paper dragons and with a bit of time and less emotional charge they fade away by themselves. Allow this to happen before reacting and perhaps creating more out of it than was necessary. Realizing that challenges and other prickly moments in life are often opportunities to make changes. We find ourselves facing many situations because on some level the status quo needs to change for us to move forward into the next best expression of ourselves.
- Start telling yourself the truth. You can fool anyone else in the world, but you can’t fool yourself. Living a full authentic life starts with how we treat ourselves. Our lives improve when we recognize our true nature. We are one with Spirit and as such, always loved, supported and guided.
- Put yourself first. You can love someone too much, and forget you are special too. It’s like the advice given in an airplane. Put the oxygen mask over your mouth and nose first before trying to help someone else. Yes, you can help others; but helping yourself first ensures we all survive and thrive! Now is always the best time to follow your passion and do something that matters to you. The happier and more fulfilled you are the more generous you can be.
- Be yourself. You are a unique compilation of talents and characteristics expressing Spirit as you! Being yourself in a world that’s trying to make you like everyone else can be challenging. Choosing to live your best, authentic life is the only way to truly express your unique gifts and beauty. Someone will always be faster, or smarter, or younger, but they can never be you. Changing so people will like you ultimately leads to everyone losing. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.
- Release the past. You are not bound by your past. You are creating your life choice by choice, moment by moment. You get to start again with each new choice.
- Make mistakes and colour outside the lines! They say 90% of success is just showing up. Doing something and maybe getting it wrong is still more productive than doing nothing. Every success story has a trail of failures leading up to it, and every attempt failed is one step closer to success. When you look back, wouldn’t you rather say, “I gave it my best shot!” than, “I didn’t bother to make the effort”? You may end up regretting the things you did NOT do far more than the things you did.
- Does beating yourself up enhance your decision-making? We learn through contrast. How do we know hot unless we have experienced cold… you get the idea? No matter how things may seem to go wrong, one thing is for sure, mistakes help us find the person and things that are right for us. Life is about learning and that learning means making mistakes, having struggles, and even regretting things in our past. The truth is you are not your mistakes, and you are not your struggles. You have the power of choice. You get to choose your reactions and actions and consequently shape your day and your future. Every single thing that has ever happened in your life allowed you to choose. And what you choose creates the moments yet to come.
- To be or to buy happiness. Things, even expensive things do provide a momentary hit of joy and happiness. These feelings are fleeting compared to the deeper more sustaining satisfaction of loving deeply, laughing and working on our passions. Be happy.
- Be the happiness. Bring the gift of happiness to others and watch how quickly and easily you feel the joy! Even if you’re not happy with who you are on the inside, bringing joy to another always expands inward too! Another way is to create stability in your own life first before you can share it with someone else. The first way is more fun.
- Shuffle your feet. It’s one thing to come up with an idea but then you must take action to see results. Everything was created one step at a time. Take the first step. And then the next and the next….It all eventually gets done. Remember, you can’t make it to second base with your foot on first.
- Are you waiting to be the expert before you begin? Does anyone ever feel 100% ready when an opportunity presents itself? Life’s opportunities often force us to push and grow beyond our comfort zones. One thing is for sure…you’ll definitely know more after the fact than if you didn’t stretch yourself in this new way!
- Why are you in the relationships you have today? We are created to be perfect alone but also perfect as a collective of two or more. Relationships can be chosen wisely. There’s no need to rush. Once you are very clear about your own desires and expectations in any relationship, can you really determine if the fit is a good one or not. So…it begins with you. You attract to you who you are. If you are a good friend…you attract good friends. If you are loving…you attract love. If you are authentic…you attract authentic. Take your time and get clear in your mind first.
- Not all relationships are created equal. The purpose for everyone in your life is to be a mirror for where you are in your own thinking and beliefs. Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you. But most importantly, they show up to reveal to you what is working in your thinking and where you can choose again to attract happier interactions. No one can push your buttons unless you already had buttons to push.
- There’s always more than enough. Don’t worry about what others have or are doing better than you. Concentrate on achieving your own goals every day. Success is a journey and only your opinion counts.
- Be grateful for what you have. Blessing anything in your life is the one sure fired way to evoke the law of compensation….what you bless grows and you will always have even more to be grateful for.
- What you give your attention to grows! Begin to focus on what’s working, what you’re doing well, what is going right, and watch how life begins to shift in directions of good in all ways. You may not see or understand everything the moment it happens, and it may be tough. Focussing on the expectation of a positive outcome eventually leads you to a better place, person, state of mind, or situation. So smile! So know that today you have a lot to be grateful for and tomorrow you will have even more.
- Let go! – Unforgiveness is like taking someone else’s garbage and carrying it around, all the while complaining about how stinky it is. You will end up hurting suffering more than the people you resent. Forgiveness is not saying, “What you did to me is okay.” It is saying, “I’m not going to let what you did to me ruin my happiness forever.” Forgiveness is the answer… let go, find peace, liberate yourself! Forgiveness is not about other people, it’s about you. Remember, if the person really knew the impact of their actions they would not have done what they did. Forgive their ignorance and be free.
- Stand in your own truth. When you settle for less you always get less than you settled for in the first place.
- Do what you think is right. – Justifying just means that you care what others may think of you and you need to convince them to agree with you. Your friends appreciate your individuality and view point and your enemies won’t agree with you anyway. Just do what you know in your heart is right.
- Take a breath and step back. The time to take a deep breath is when you don’t have time for it. They say the definition to insanity is “If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting”. Sometimes a break will give you enough distance to see things clearly.
- Smell the roses along the way. Enjoying the little things are usually the most important moments in our lives. The best portions of your life will be the small, seemingly insignificant moments you spend smiling, listening, and enjoying someone who matters to you.
- What is perfect anyway? The real world rarely rewards perfectionists; it rewards people who get things done. Perfection is a perspective and we all have one.
- Stretch yourself. – Life is challenging, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile. Don’t take the easy way out. Really live and do something extraordinary.
- Let it out. – It’s okay to fall apart once in a while. It’s just not healthy or life affirming to stay there. If you push it down, it will eventually burst out. Emotions are just like the word spells e(energy in)motion. Let it out and get on with making new choices. Soon you’ll be smiling again.
- Take personal responsibility. The extent to which you can achieve your dreams depends on the extent to which you take responsibility for your life. No one can make you mad or sad or glad. It’s all a choice. When you blame others for what you’re going through, you’re denying you own responsibility. No one has the power over your choices but you unless you give others that power in that part of your life.
- Take care of yourself first. It’s impossible to be what everyone needs you to be. It’s a recipe for burn out and resentment. Look after yourself first then you will have more than enough to help others. You can make a difference in the world. So be willing to narrow your focus and find balance by giving and receiving.
- Worry leads to more worry and never solves anything. – Worry will not solve the world’s problems, but it does strip today of its joy. One way to check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question: “Is there anything I can do about this situation?” If not, then it’s not worth worrying about.
- You get what you focus on most. If you keep telling the Universe what you don’t want , the Universe will give you more of what you don’t want. Focus on what you do want to happen. Positive thinking coupled with how you will feel when your desires are met is the most powerful force in the Universe. It is the secret of every great success story. If you awake every morning with the thought “I wonder what blessings are mine today?” life will bring you more blessings than even you could have imagined.
- Give thanks. If there was only one prayer…it would be…”Thank you!”– No matter how good or bad you may have it, waking up each day giving thanks for your life ensures a better day than if you focus on what’s going wrong.
The gift of gratitude is…. more reasons to be grateful.
Prosperity and abundance is your inheritance. It is not something you must earn. It is your gift as a part of Spirit. You do not have to earn the right or be otherwise worthy. You are worthy because you are one with the Infinite Source of all Creation, whether you call it Field of Potential, the Universe, God or even Fred. It is Principle. It only and always responds with a resounding “yes”. You deserve to live a happy,
prosperous, abundant and loving life simply because you exist. True prosperity is not just things and money; it is living knowing that you exist in a friendly, supportive, loving universe that is the Source of your good always in all ways. The reason you may not be experiencing the prosperity you desire is based on your own consciousness. A shift in consciousness begins with a clear intention and commitment. The abundance of the Universe is already available to you. It is up to you to accept it in you thoughts, attitudes, beliefs and actions. Your willingness to do the assignments and work toward this shift in consciousness is the degree to which you will experience the transformation in the areas that you feel are stuck. Remember ”If you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll keep getting what you’ve been getting.” Prove it to yourself. This is an interactive journey. Spirit does not know what is going to happen until you make up your mind! Congratulations on stretching yourself!
Thinking can keep you young!
“We teach how to think, not what to think” is the basis of Religious Science . When you truly know you individualize the all-powerful Creative Principle and it creates through you by means of your thinking, you unlock the truth of how experiences are created. When you think about something for a long time and add strong feelings about it, an experience is created. The Principle you think into responds by corresponding. This is the ‘How’ part of all of life.
We encourage becoming aware of “what” you think. And when if you think with awareness, deliberately, the result is constructive and positive.
You are always free to choose what to think. And when you understand infinite good is possible, you will wisely choose your “What.”
Let me use an easy example. Reactions are thoughts. Reactions are usually negative in nature. These negative thoughts actually resonate in the cells. Enough of this kind of resonance and wrinkles get deeper, health and vitality diminish, happiness becomes illusive.
I suggest taking 3- 4 seconds before reacting to any scenario. Take a deep breath and realize that if the situation can’t be helped or solved by being angry/afraid, then choose to remain neutral. It may not diffuse the scenario, but you will ultimately be younger and happier. Remember, what you do, think and react to today, creates tomorrows experiences.